Monday, January 08, 2007

Baja's first report!!!!

I got Baja's first report from Advanced Training today!!!!! He's doing very well!!! It's one of the best reports I've gotten from a dog in advanced training, although I haven't gotten all that many (1 from Pasha, 5 from Jaba, 1 from Blaze, and now 1 from Baja). Here's a summary:

Baja's trainer is named Andrea Woodcock (which is a different trainer than was listed on the letter I got two weeks after he turned-in), and he's still a potential breeder (I should find out this month if he's selected as a breeder or not). He is in good health.

The training commands he's been working on are his basic commands that I started with him (Heel, Side, and Under are specifically listed), the Retrieve sequence (Get/Hold), and Push. All these commands are being worked with his trainer ambulatory (instead of in a wheelchair).

Baja has no "undesirable" behaviors checked off, which is really good! I was expecting a couple, like hackling (he would do this during playtime ever since he was a puppy) and marking (he is still intact, after all), and possibly rough play with other dogs. But, it looks like Baja is on his best behavior! Baja also has all of the "desirable" behaviors checked off, such as allowing cradling/handling/grooming (Baja was always good about this), being attentive and calm, interacting appropriately with other dogs and people, walking nicely on leash and seeking direction, and being willing. The comments his trainer lists are fairly generic, but positive: "Baja is doing well in Advanced Training. He is very willing to try new behaviors and learns them quickly. He interacts very well with the other dogs in community run."

Baja has been on an evaluation field trip to Western Farm feed store. His overall performance lists low fear responses, low distractibility, low energy, and high training responses including motivation, correction, and learning rate. Yay!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

YAY BAJA!!!! way to go buddy!!