Thursday, January 18, 2007

Baja News

I got an email today from the National Breeding and Puppy Program Manager at CCI that said,

"Baja has met our standards in health and temperament will be placed as a breeder".

Yay!!!! So, Baja has been taken out of training and will be placed with a breeder-caretaker family who lives within 90 miles of Santa Rosa, CA. He will pretty much be a pet, and will be taken to CCI whenever they need his services. He will be bred about 5 times (they try to get 40 puppies from the new breeder boys) and then put on "hold" until those puppies turn-in for advanced training. Once they determine how successful his puppies are, they will either begin to breed him again or retire him. While I am sad that Baja will not be a service dog for someone, I am excited that he can pass on his wonderful temperament to the next generation of CCI dogs. I was also told that Baja had his first "date" today! However, he was bred as a back-up for another stud, so the puppies may not be his. I will post again as I get more news!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Can I link to your page??

thepuppyraiser said...

wow 2 breeders now!

congrats to you both!
keep us updated on his "dates" ;)

Rachel said...

Sure! Can I link to your page?

Natalie said...

congrats rachel and baja! =)

MK said...

Congrats to you and Baja! Yay for his soon-to-be puppies!